Guest Maggie Patterson describes how she more than doubled her income by ditching hourly billing.
- How hourly billing decreases your income
- The value of creating clearly defined service packages
- The benefits of systematizing your service delivery
- The magic of naming process steps
- How taking control of the client engagement increases your fees
- The importance of saying no to clients who are a bad fit
- How productized services make the sales process easier
- "If you're saying yes to everyone, that's a bad thing."—MP
- "If your close rate is off, you're either talking to the wrong person or your proposals are off."—MP
- "We're always going to make more money with a flat rate. Always."—MP
Maggie Patterson is a communications strategist, business growth consultant, and the principal consultant at Scoop Studios. With two decades of experience, Maggie has spent her entire career in client services and has been a successful entrepreneur for over 10 years.
Today, she works with online and small business owners to help them implement smart strategies for business growth and to maximize the impact of their digital marketing. She’s the host of the Small Business Boss podcast, has been on stage at events such as New Media Expo, Podcast Movement, and the Conquer Summit, and her work has been featured in leading publications such as Entrepreneur.com, Fast Company and Virgin.com.