Joel Miller shares his first experiences using value pricing for project work
Hello! and Welcome to Ditching Hourly. I'm Jonathan Stark.
Today, I'm joined by Joel Miller. Joel is co-owner and project manager at The Sky Floor, a web design and marketing company in the Chicago area. I asked Joel to come on Ditching Hourly to share with you his first experiences using value pricing for project work. Enjoy.
- "Hourly billing is a quagmire." —Joel Miller
- "My advice to someone considering value pricing is start with a new client." —Joel Miller
- "One of the things that really scares me about hourly billing is that everyone starts talking about money before anyone even knows why the work needs doing at all." —Jonathan Stark
- "Everything is practice for the next time." —Jonathan Stark
- A great time to experiment with value pricing is when you're really busy
That's it for today. I'm JS and this is Ditching Hourly. Thanks for listening.
The next time someone asks you for your hourly rate, this is what you should say: "I don't have one." To learn what to say next, visit http://valuepricingbootcamp.com to signup for my free email course. Again, that url is: http://valuepricingbootcamp.com